The Environmental Health Project (EHP) Medical Toolbox is a collection of public health materials and resources for use by health professionals and community members. Its purpose is to inform health care providers and others in the community about the contribution of unconventional oil and gas development (UOGD or “fracking”) exposure to health risks for persons living near these activities.
Environmental Health Medical Toolkit
The toolkit packet contains educational materials and forms for healthcare providers. To request a hard copy of the packet, please email EHP at info [at] environmentalhealthproject.org.
- Environmental Health Medical Toolkit (overview)
- Case Definition
- Potential Health Effects Due to Inhalation
- Reference Materials for Diagnostic Coding
- Survey for Patients’ Potential Exposure
EHP Screening and Assessment Forms
EHP recommends using the short survey form included in the Toolkit for screening and assessment; however, health care providers are welcome to use EHP’s longer forms included in this section.
Reference Materials for Healthcare Providers
- American College of Medical Toxicology Position Statement on Post Chelator Testing
- CDC/ATSDR Guidance on the Interpretation and Blood Laboratory Analyses for VOCs
- CDC’s Human Exposure to Environmental Chemicals
- Comprehensive Data Base of Peer Reviewed Literature Related to Oil and Gas Activity
- EPA Guide to Air Cleaners in the Home
- A Healthcare Provider's Guide to Mental Health Impacts of Unconventional Oil and Gas Development (UOGD)
- OSHA/NIOSH Hazard Alert
- Summary Report on Compressor Stations
- Well Water Testing Report
Community Health Education Materials
- American College of Medical Toxicology Press Release on Chelation
- CATTfish Water Monitor
- EPA: Asthma & Outdoor Air Pollution, Heart Disease & Outdoor Air Pollution
- Episodic Exposures to Shale Gas Development Air Pollution
- Facts for School Nurses
- Facts for your Pediatrician
- Outdoor Air, Indoor Air, and School Exposure
- Risks to Children at Day Care Centers & Schools Near Shale Gas Development
- Speck Air Quality Monitor
- Stress Management: Simple Relaxation Techniques
- Summary of Well Water Testing Report
- What is Particulate Matter (PM)?